Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 17, 2008

"They" have a file on you.

But just who are "they"? The government has strict rules and regulations about what kind of information they can keep about people, but those rules do not apply to individuals and perhaps not even to private companies. On an episode of "Law & Order", they made reference to obtaining information about someone from a private database company. Seems like such a thing could be a very good business. Credit reporting agencies already have databases that contain almost everyone in the country, at least everyone who has every bought anything on credit. Companies all over are trying to build customer databases to support their marketing efforts. I would not be surprised if law enforcement agencies tapped into this vast storehouse of information to obtain leads on cases they were pursuing.

I would not be surprised if criminal organizations had their own databases, but wait, they do things the old fashioned way, in person and based on trust. Oh, and fear of death.

From http://www.bignjuicy.co.uk/2004_04_01_pip.html:


I don't want to have to carry an identity card.
I don't want to be compelled to have my fingerprints, my iris print, my DNA, pictures of my arse or whatever other intrusive personal information stored on some sinister government database that in years to come will be used to control me and my descendants in ways as yet undreamt of.
I don't want to live in a police state cowed by the unrelenting drip drip of fear peddled by old men about the 'threat' from 'Them'.
I'm bored with the notion that there is always a 'Them' and that huge amounts of money and human effort have to be spent to neutralise 'Them'. I want to spend that money on preventing the 'Us's' from becoming 'Them's'.
I don't want your little card in my pocket - an oppressive and constant reminder that my life is not my own - that I have to belong to a scared little tribe sneaking around in fear, 'free' under the illusion that if you're "not doing anything wrong you've got nothing to be afraid of". Sorry chaps I aint buying that.

Please take your card and shove it.
I definitely, 100% don't want it and what it represents.

Amen, brother.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: