Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mystery Cable

My wife and I are getting ready for the neighborhood garage sale next weekend. If I have anything else to do, like a job, I don't like participating. They can be fun to browse if you have a couple of hours free, but selling stuff is another matter: getting ready, setting up, manning the barricades and all that is a lot of work, and I would just as soon not. But we have reached critical mass and if some of this stuff doesn't go the house might explode. There is a lot of stuff that could just go to Goodwill, but there are things Goodwill won't take. There are a couple of valuable items, some big and heavy stuff, some things that are useful but you can't really charge money for, so we're getting ready.


While we are rummaging around we find this cable. Obviously a specialized item for a specific application. I look at it, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it goes to. Game Boy to cell phone? Power supply to GPS? I don't have a clue, so I ask my kids. Youngest calls back and tells me he found it on the street and brought it home so I could wonder what it was. Bah! He caught me, not once, but twice. Stinker.

No comments: