Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 16, 2017

Levee


Led Zeppelin When The Levee Breaks by Zepparella

This tune popped up YouTube again. I first came across it a couple of years ago. I still like the tune, and the girls. But the reason I am posting it now is because of the line about "how praying won't do you no good", which strikes me as coming from someone with a very scientifical world-view, not like The Who who put such store in a couple of mystics that they named one of their songs after them.


The Who - Baba O'Riley

This song is more commonly known as Teenage Wasteland. It wasn't until today that I learned the actual name of the song is Baba O'Riley. I like the song, and mysticism is okay as long as you don't push it too far, which is what the radical Islamic jihadists have done. Of course, you can push the scientifical view too far as well, which is how we got an enormous arsenal of nuclear weapons and superfund toxic waste dumps, among other things.


No comments: