Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Reivers

The Reivers, a novel by William Faulkner, 1962. I picked this book up at the Goodwill in Beaverton last week when I arrived a few minutes early for Thursday Lunch with my gang at Thai Bloom. The cashier was an old-ish woman and she was dreadfully slow. I waited as patiently as I could, but when I finally got to the check-out counter there were half a dozen people behind me and instead of paying attention to me, she gets on the phone to call for assistance. If it had just been a quick, efficient, "Jasmine to the front counter" call, I would have waited, but she was still trying to figure out what number to dial, so I left two dollar bills on the counter (price tag stuck on the front cover said $1.99) and walked out.


Anyway, it's a tale about life in rural Mississippi in the first half of the 20th Century. I'm only a couple of dozen pages into it, and it seems like half of the words are people's names. Manfred de Spain has acquired a red E.M.F. racer (a car). Well, now we need a picture, and here we have one.


No comments: