Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Driving Dream

1969 Dodge A100 Van
I'm driving some kind of rattle trap contraption, maybe one of those old style vans where you sit over the front tire. There is no front to the body so I have an unrestricted view of the road. It has a manual transmission because I have clutch and brake pedals, but no steering wheel. It has a steering box where the steering wheel would normally connect, but there is only a stub shaft sticking up with a screwdriver slot in the end, so I am steering this thing with a screwdriver. This works fine as long as I can keep the tip of the screwdriver in the slot, but because it's simply a slot and the vehicle is bouncing around, like vehicles do, sometimes the screwdriver slips out of the slot.

The steering box is down by my feet, but my screwdriver is only a regular size screw driver, maybe a foot long, and I am not having to bend over even though I am sitting upright, so we have some dream distortion happening here.

In any case I pull up to the edge of a main street and stop to check for traffic. Oh, yeah, it's raining just like it always is in Portland. When it's clear I pull out into the road, making a left turn. All goes well until I am in the travel lane and then the screwdriver slips out of the slot and since the wheels are still turned to the left the van continues it's leftward course and we make U-turn before I can correct the steering. Now I am looking for a place along the left side of the road where I pull over as the first step in correcting my course. And then I woke up.

Old Electrical Outlet
Does this dream have anything to do with real-life messing around with old electrical outlets where all the screws seem to be slotted instead of Philips?

No comments: