Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Pic of the Day

Formosa Training Camp, Brazil. Oct. 29, 2014.  Brazilian Marines shoot an anti-aircraft gun during military training in the state of Goias, north of Brasilia. (AP Photo/Eraldo Peres)

I'm trying to read Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. It's not really my style, but the story line has promise. Anyway, somewhere early in the book we are in London during the blitz (WW2) and an American girl reporter spends the evening with an anti-aircraft battery. Then I saw this picture with multiple shell casings in the air so just had to post it. I don't think you can really understand the experience unless you are there when the gun is firing a thousand rounds, and you probably can't truly understand it unless you have enemy aircraft trying to stop you from doing that.
Lots of girls and guys interacting in this book, to put it mildly.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I could not finish Gravity's Rainbow. I found it brilliant and unreadable.