Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Narcose


NARCOSE from Les films engloutis on Vimeo.

Guillaume Néry and Julie Gautier together again.
Deep water freediving exposes its practitioners to a form of narcosis, which induces several symptoms, among which is a feeling of euphoria and levity that earned this phenomenon its nickname of “rapture of the deep”. The short film relates the interior journey of Guillaume Néry, the apnea world champion, during one of his deep water dives. It draws its inspiration from his physical experience and the narrative of his hallucinations.
I was looking over some my old posts today and I came across Base Jumping at Dean's Blue Hole. The information in my post seemed a bit thin so I went to YouTube to see if any useful comments had appeared. Someone pointed out that the phrase 'filmed on breath hold by Julie Gautier' was in the title, so not only was the diver operating without an air supply, the camera-woman did not have one either, so naturally I have to see what else I can find out about her, and what I found was this video, which is pretty cool. She does have her own website.

"Apnea world champion". Huh. I just went to the doc yesterday to talk about sleep apnea.

No comments: