Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Donut bag windfall story

Iaman sends me a story:

Bitcoin Donuts
Riding the crosstown, a stumblebum boards my bus, disheveled, wreaking of booze. The unfortunate is carrying a neat clean little bag of Little Debbie Mini Powdered Donuts, I may have noticed because they are a favorite of mine.  After a long twisting ride, the man gets up to disembark at the next stop. I notice he has left the Little Debbie bag on his seat. I hail him "Sir you left your donuts!"  He waves me off with a slurred profanity.  On his wrist I spy what appears to be a besmirched Cartier Rotonde de Cartier Astrotourbillon wristwatch, clearly out of place.
The bus jolts to a start, the abandoned Little Debbie bag falls to the floor, papers appear out of the top of the donut bag. Bored and curious I examine the paper......Bitcoin Private keys! On the pages there must be a hundred, this mornings news said Bitcoin was topping $15,000! So these coins represent $1,500,000!
Upon arriving home I google businesses that take bitcoin as payment,  the only one that interests me is OKCupid a web dating site,  the most they charge is $19.95.   What to do with the remaining $1,499,980.05? What to do?
It's a story, that is, fiction. Besides, private keys likely give you access to wallets (if you have the wallet id), but having access to wallets doesn't necessarily mean there is anything in there. Fractions of a bitcoin are very popular. Most people don't have 15 grand to wager on a risky gamble. 100 accounts with .005 bitcoins each would only be worth $7,500, not 1.5 million. But it's all imaginary anyway, dreaming about imaginary riches.

Rotonde de Cartier Astrotourbillon wristwatch $140,000
Just in case you were wondering.

No comments: