Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Blast from the Past


Hyperion: The Fully Reusable SSTO!
Hazegrayart

Hyperion was an idea from 1966. The video is a recent creation.

Golly gee, that looks familiar. A comment clued me in:


When Worlds Collide (1951)- Leaving earth
Razor Shark

I saw this movie when I was a kid and it made a huge impression on me. Didn't see it when it came out, that was the year I was born. Must have been a later release, maybe when the Apollo project was ramping up.

3 comments:

Ole phat Stu said...

Questions. 1. Starts horizontally then turns uphill. How many G?
2. Not enough fuel on board for SSTO? Needs 95% or more.

greggBC said...

The problem with this movie is that they took scientists but left the people that could actually build and fix stuff behind.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Remember this is from the era when science was the dominant religion and was going to save us all.