Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 9, 2024

out.aza.blue

out.aza.blue

out.aza.blue is a gourmet restaurant out in the middle of nowhere, 20 minutes from my house on the Wilson River highway. You gotta keep your eyes open for it because it's just a wide spot in the road. 

They serve dinner and brunch, but only when they are so inclined. We made reservations for a prime rib dinner on Saturday night to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. Very pleasant. We sat on the deck out back overlooking Gales Creek. We saw some mosquitoes, or at least we thought they were mosquitoes, but we didn't get bit and I didn't hear any of that annoying high pitched buzzing you often get with mosquitoes, so maybe they were some other kind of bug. 

The food was wonderful, the mushroom tart especially. Prime rib is good because it is meat, but I think I'd just as soon have a steak. You really need a sharp knife and a cutting board to dissect a slice of prime rib, especially when it is almost raw. My wife got a beer and I got a bourbon and water. The bourbon came in a tulip shaped glass and I think it was a double. The water came in a shot glass, and was only one shot. Dessert was tiramiso. Evidently they had more than they needed so Gabriel, the chef, came out and passed out second servings.


No comments: