Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Google Spell Checker

I try and use a spell checker whenever I write something. Long, complicated words, especially those with double letters sometimes trip me up. And words that sound like they use one vowel and are spelled with another, like separate. My dyslexic typing also generates some errors.

Recently I have noticed that the Google spell checker is high lighting some longish words that are spelled correctly. Now why would they do that? I already have a number of long standing disagreements with their spell checker over things like my name, the name of city where I live, and capitalization of the word "internet". (Google thinks it should be capitalized, I cannot think of one good reason for doing so.)

I wonder if this post will find it's way to Google's world headquarters.

No comments: