Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Newspaper Bites Subscriber

I subscribe to the local newspaper (The Oregonian). This weekend I got a note that their rates are going up. Sunday the paper was late. Monday it was late again. Today it was late for the third time in a row so I decided to say something. The note I got advertised that they now have a website where you can do things like REPORT PROBLEMS WITH DELIVERY. Cool, bring up the browser, so to the website, try and file a complaint. No go. Seems you have to register. Okay, fine, everybody wants you to register these days. Oops, seems my universal-use-for-all-these-websites-that-want-a-password-password won't work.


It's doesn't have any capital letters. It doesn't have any punctuation. It doesn't have three identical letters in a row. Who are these guys and why do they care? Frigging morons. I finally design a password that should meet their ridiculous requirements, very carefully type it twice, and they still reject it. Fine. Call 'em on the phone. Get a robo-cop answering machine. Press this button, press the other button, enter your secret code, enter your number, sorry, I can't help you, you will have to talk to a person. Oops, there aren't any people here. Call back later. Click.

Couple hours later the paper finally shows up and I call back, go through the same rigamarole again, get put on hold for a short eternity, and finally talk to someone who is very apologetic about the paper being late. I don't tell him about the all the grief I've gone through to get to this point. I save that up for this post.

You know, if they want me to cancel my subscription, why don't they just say so?

No comments: