Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Anti-Social Media


California Bob opines:
I think the invasive evilness of Google is going to make MicroSoft seem, by comparison, like a benevolent and useful software provider.
I was clicking on some photos in my file manager, and they came up in Picasa photo viewer, which evidently hijacked my regular photo viewer.  Then I see an "uploading" message.  So I went on Picasa web to see if they were there, sure enough they were.  So I looked for a way to delete it, which they tried to hide -- but I found the delete option and I get the message: 
"Are you sure you want to delete?  Doing so will remove this photo from all Google properties.  
Be advised it may take 24 hours to delete."
So their operational model is, they grab your shit without asking, broadcast it all over and make it super hard to delete it.  And it's probably not deleted anyway.
PS: if you go to my web albums, those are just vitamins.
I've pretty much quit using Facebook, I wasn't seeing enough to keep me interested. When Google+ came along, I thought I would give it a shot, I mean it's from Google, our great and benevolent portal to all things wonderful on the web. What a load of crap. I can still get to my web albums, but now it takes extra work to get there. Basically the whole photo album thing has changed. And Google+ basically looks just like Facebook, a whole lot of nothing.

No comments: