Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 4, 2012

Utica High School. Really?


Barbara, an old classmate of mine from high school, posted this on Facebook. It struck a chord with me because I went through something similar with my father about five years ago. His mind wasn't failing, but his body was. The last six months of his life he spent in the hospital, rehab and an elder care home. He was in the neighborhood, so I could at least visit him easily. He wasn't too happy about his situation, once he realized what it was.

He fell down in July and couldn't get back up. I didn't discover this for two days. Here come the paramedics and the ambulance. They cart him off to the hospital. His artificial hip joint has come undone. Two bouts of general anesthesia and one surgery later and the the hip joint is back together. Six weeks later the anesthesia has finally worn off and he wanted to go home. That wasn't going to work. My wife and I were both working. He was 87 years old. He died in January of 2005.

The guy who made the film, John Hartfield, went to the same high school as I did in Utica, Ohio, though our terms were 20 years apart.

Update July 2015. Replaced video. Replaced high school link. 2013 John is making a second movie.
Update March 2022 replaced missing video with link.

No comments: