Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, June 15, 2015

hermeneutic

Ota Benga
her·me·neu·tic
ˌhərməˈn(y)o͞odik>
adjective
  1. 1.
    concerning interpretation, especially of the Bible or literary texts.
noun
  1. 1.
    a method or theory of interpretation.

Marcel puts up a post about science as a religion, though he doesn't phrase it that way. He references a post by one Rod Dreher who starts his story with a paragraph containing this word "hermeneutic", which I had never heard before. Since I had to look it up I figured I'd include the definition here. Maybe someone else will need it. More than likely my future self will need reminding, should I ever pass this way again.

Anyway, Rod's post is about one Ota Benga, an African pygmy who was exhibited in the Bronx Zoo back before WW1, and various people's thoughts on the matter. Rod, in turn, refers to an article by Pamela Newkirk in The Guardian. Entertaining reading all. Might even make you think.

No comments: