Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cadillac Charlie

Tam posted a couple of pictures of a Cadillac Allante and mentions that the body was assembled in Italy and flown by 747 to Detroit for final assembly. Okay, that's weird enough that I go rooting around for pics. Eventually I find this one:

Loading Allantes
on the Allanté History page by John Monzo. He also mentions the movie Terminal Velocity, which came out in 1994, just after Cadillac stopped building the car.


Terminal Velocity 1994 Car Freefall Midair Rescue

I vaguely remember seeing this movie. It wasn't that great, but this stunt was pretty spectacular. The airplane is a Fairchild C-123 Provider.

2 comments:

AndrewP said...

I live in Arizona, the landscape looks familiar...but I don't recall this type of event ever happening to me.

Chuck Pergiel said...

You obviously aren't hanging with the right crowd.