Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Figuring it out one jotted note at a time.

Posted on April 18, 2017 by Jessica Hagy
Stolen entire from Indexed. This is why I write this blog. I also use this technique for sorting out complicated computer programs. Many, if not most, computer programs are pretty straightforward, you just need to extract some data from one structure and stuff it in another, or if you have large quantity of data you might need an array. These kinds of programs are not too difficult to write, you can often go straight to coding.

But some programs can get a bit more complicated and you might need chains of structures (linked lists), and if you have more than one criteria to keep track of, which one do you use for your primary control, and which ones do you use for secondary control? At times like this (usually after I have started coding and written myself into a corner), I find it helps to lay out my plan in plain English.

Via Comrade Misfit.

No comments: