Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 22, 2017

Csikszentmihalyi flowsters in Utah

Flow
Detroit Steve sent me this link this morning. It must have rubbed me the wrong way because I responded with this little diatribe.

I'm sorry, but I think it's complete and utter horseshit. Good for Wheal for extracting money from fools. And one or two people may actually benefit from his advice, but mostly it's just an excuse to go somewhere new and hang out with a bunch of other people with more money than brains. (Doesn't mean they aren't smart, just that they have more money than brains.)

Okay, I'm a curmudgeon and I woke up on the grumpy side of bed this morning. As for flow, it might be a real thing, and there are times when I am really in the groove and working out complicated problems, but it's mostly a matter of getting enough sleep and not getting distracted by bullshit, which can be difficult because there is a great deal of very entertaining bullshit floating around in our world.

I like to think I'm worth $1,000 an hour when I'm in good form. Unfortunately, that only happens a couple of hours a week, and this summer, thanks to a string of minor catastrophic disruptions, it has hardly happened at all.

See my post Neural Net, especially the last paragraph.

No comments: