Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Donald & Alex

Donald & Alex, sitting in a tree, K, I, S, S, I, N, G.
 "Your reputation is amazing."- Donald Trump speaking to Alex Jones
Wow, that statement is just amazing. I don't think I have ever heard a statement so amazing. It's so full, full I tell you, of nothing. No one has ever made a statement that was more full of nothing. I am impressed.

I know about Alex Jones the same way I know about Donald Trump, they are both in the news a lot because someone is complaining about something one of them said. I tried listening to Alex once, but I couldn't do it. He's not telling me anything, he's just making a bunch of mouth noises. This might be why I don't like talking on the phone, and generally don't care for sports announcers, and I never, ever listen to the fucking news. Sorry, I really hate news programs.

But back to the quote. We know Alex Jones has achieved some notoriety and with that he has acquired a certain reputation, or more likely several reputations, ranging from that of a prophet to that of the devil himself, and of course how we see those reputations depends on where you stand. Since Donald has not specified a particular reputation, we are going to just go for notoriety. But why is Alex's reputation amazing? Is it because he is more famous than Trump? (I'm sure he'll get his 15 minutes of fame if he hasn't already.) Is that what amazes Donald? Or is it because he can't believe anyone would listen to the drivel Alex spouts long enough for him to ever develop an audience and a reputation? I mean, Donald is right, Alex's reputation is amazing. It's amazing that he has one.

Via Monday Evening

No comments: