Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Crud

Tuesday, February 7

My wife and I have both come down with some kind of bug. She was running a fever of 100 degrees yesterday and feeling pretty miserable, so I suggested she might want to take a couple of aspirin or something. She declined, saying running a fever was beneficial. Now I was confused because I remember hearing both what she was telling me and recommendations to take drugs to reduce the fever, so I asked the Google and got this back:

Evidence shows that fever is beneficial to the healing process, triggering the immune response and preventing viruses and bacteria from replicating. One study showed that flu sufferers who suppressed their fevers with medications were sick for more than three days longer than those who took no medication.

So now I remember that it is high fevers that are dangerous, like 104 degrees. A piddly little 100 degree fever is nothing to worry about.

Wednesday, February 8

Suja Organic Immunity Defense Shot With Turmeric And Probiotics - 2 Fl. Oz.

Last night I was feeling pretty miserable. Osmany gave a little bottle of magic juice. Tasted yucky. Next morning I was feeling pretty good, but that only lasted for a few hours and then I got worse than ever. Next couple of days were pretty miserable. Took some Nyquil and got some sleep, not much mind you, just enough so that I thought I might survive.

Saturday, February 11

Feeling much better today. Still kind of weak, but well enough to shower and cook a batch of sausage patties.

We went to see a play at Portland Center Stage on Sunday. They want everyone to wear masks. On the way home my wife started feeling bad. Stupid. No one else except medical offices require masks. Did our wearing masks prevent anyone else in the theater from getting sick? I doubt it.

The worst part about wearing a mask, besides being stupid, is that no matter how I futz with it, they don't seal around my nose so I get a constant stream of warm air being directed at my eyes.

Was it COVID? I don't know and I don't care. What would knowing whether it was COVID or garden variety cold/flu have done for me? Nada. Same treatment regardless, rest and sugar water in several flavors. Intolerance for solid food makes my suspect it was the flu and not just a cold.


No comments: