Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Cold enough for you?


Why is the Arctic Asymmetric? | Why Trees Grow at the Same Latitude as Ice Sheets
Casual Earth

If you ever wondered why some places are covered with ice and places that seem to have similar characteristics don't, this video is for you. I think I probably wondered about it once, but I likely got an answer like 'oh, I don't think anybody knows, that's just the way it is'. Realizing my scrawny little self wasn't going to personally be able to map the weather of the entire arctic, I forgot about looking for an explanation. Come to think of it, I haven't run into anything about arctic weather that wasn't designed for three year olds. Yes, I know we (that's a royal 'we') keep trying to educate the ignorant, but you know, there are some people out here with brains. There is the problem of how much work is expended on explanations. The amount of effort and information in this one video is probably enough to produce a zillion videos aimed at three year olds.


No comments: