Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, February 24, 2024

The Stranglers - Golden Brown


The Stranglers - Golden Brown (1080p)
benski tv

Heard this tune the other day and I wondered who the band was. I mean it's a great tune but I haven't heard it in a coon's age. Never heard of the band, so off to Wikipedia I go where I find this:

The Stranglers are an English rock band who emerged via the punk rock scene. Scoring 23 UK top 40 singles and 19 UK top 40 albums to date in a career spanning five decades, the Stranglers are one of the longest-surviving bands to have originated in the UK punk scene.

Really? That's weird, so I listen to some of their other tunes and while they might have been big sellers, they didn't do anything for me. In fact, some of them were downright awful. And then I found this line:

Summing up their contribution to popular music, critic Dave Thompson later wrote: "From bad-mannered yobs to purveyors of supreme pop delicacies, the group was responsible for music that may have been ugly and might have been crude – but it was never, ever boring."

Well, that kind of explains it. The video came out in 1981.

No comments: