Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hotelicopter

I came across this on Greenfield Park & Marty North. It looks very cool, perhaps a little impractical, but then there are still a lot of people with more money than sense running around, so conceivably there is a market for this sort of thing. I found these pictures on several web sites. I picked what I thought were the best ones.

Hotelicopter, click here to see more photos.

I also found this video.


The Hotelicopter is based on the giant Russian Mil V-12 Helicopter from the late 1960's.


You know, I thought the pictures of the hotelicopter were a little too good to be true, and they are. The whole thing was dreamed up by an advertising agency. They did manage to fool some people. The thing that clinched it for me was the video. Notice the contra-rotating blades in the video of the original Russian machine. Now go back and look at the video of the Hotelicopter. The blades are rotating in the same direction. You would think that with all the effort that went into this project they would get a little detail like that right.

I should have been more suspicious. The first time I saw this photo it reminded me of nothing so much as the luxury space liner from the movie "The Fifth Element".

Update January 2017 replaced inoperative slide show with photo and link.

No comments: