Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Big Budget Blockbuster

Jack Nicholson was arrested by the FBI in Santa Monica yesterday for the role he played in The Departed. Whoops, that's not quite right. The character Jack played in the movie was arrested. What? The FBI arrested a figment of someone's imagination? Hang on, let me try again: the guy that the character was based on was arrested. There, I think I got it that time. Finally, 46 years later by the same organization that originally kept him out of jail. That stinking FBI, they just won't stay bought.

Which cost more? The movie? Or the payoffs to settle the beefs with the FBI? The payoffs, if you are curious, by a mere $20 million.

I liked the movie, good, gritty, gangster flick, but almost too much double crossing to be believed. In this case truth was stranger than fiction, and I think the movie may have simplified things just to keep it believable, you know.

This is what happens when you have a majority who believe that gambling is a sin, and therefor no one must be allowed to gamble. It might be a sin, but the world is full of sinners, and when sinning is against the law there is money to be made.Or maybe some people realize there is more money to be made if a sin is illegal, so they mount a campaign to make that sin illegal in order to make more money. I dunno, either theory works for me, and it doesn't really make any difference because things are not going to change.

Stolen from Just an Earth-Bound Misfit, I.

No comments: