Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not One, But Two Words

I wasn't going to say anything about SWIFT being part of the solution to today's Jumble, but I just found out that PURVUE is spelled PURVIEW. Hmmph.Since I was wrong about one, I'm going to wonder about the other:

Does anybody use swift anymore for anything besides in the phrase "not too swift"? A zillion years ago there was Tom Swift and his bright red rocket, or his ray-gun or something, and I think most English speakers know that it means fast, but does anybody actually use it? I think I always use fast.

As for purview, once again my vocabulary exceeds my spelling.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

I used "poppycock" the other day and was accused of cursing.
I'm not really sure I didn't mean it that way, either.