Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Guerrilla Marketing


     I didn't know who Daryl was, and I still don't know who Carl is, but this picture with its caption really caught my attention. It made me feel that Carl's location was of some importance, and I should probably acquaint myself with the situation.
     There was a flyer in the paper the other day advertising a deal on wine. Funny thing was there was no indication of what store was making this offer. At first I thought the advertiser just screwed up, but then I got to wondering if it was a deliberate ploy. I mean if you are a wine drinker it was a pretty good deal. Knowing that such a deal was out there, somewhere, might prompt some people to keep an eye out for the store that was making this offer. By engaging people in a bit of a treasure hunt the ad might generate more sales than it would otherwise.

No comments: