Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ancient History, Teenage Accidents

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396

Dustbury mentioned a 1966 Chevy II Super Sport in a post this morning, and it reminded me of these true life horror stories.
    I had a friend by the name of Richard Bagley in Bexley, Ohio back in 1969. His father bought a Chevelle Super Sport 396. It was the be all and end all of all cars. You couldn't ask for anything better. Richard took it out one evening and ended up dead when he let somebody else drive it and they took an exit ramp off the Interstate at 100 MPH.
   There was another guy, John Veatch, from my high school in Utica. He wasn't a friend, but we were friendly. He got killed driving a car on the freeway in Newark. He was going over 100 MPH. He hit a road sign 12 feet off the ground.
    I think there were four people in each car. I don't think I knew any of the other people, and I don't recall if there were any other fatalities, but I knew these two guys.
    Then there was a girl from Granville who has a serious accident on her bicycle. Her brakes failed while she was going down a hill. I think she must have broke her pelvis or something. She was in a cast from the waist down for months.

No comments: