Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Friendship is Madness


I've never been a fan of H.P. Lovecraft. Some of his ideas of massive, unknowable evil are kind of interesting, but the one time I tried to actual read one of his stories I fell asleep halfway through the first page. Just awful.
    I kind of like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (MLP:FIM for you acronym aficionados), at least I don't have anything against it. Seems like a fine show. A little to saccharine for my taste, but I tend toward the sour side of life.
    Friendship is funny though. When we were kids, nothing was more important than friends. Then you grow up and if you start a family, and if you aren't made of money, money becomes more important. Actually the way it works is that your wife becomes more important, and money is important to the wife. After all, once you get pregnant you are kind of in it for the long haul and unlike promises made by people, money can be squirreled away.
    BiGSHOT seems like a big deal, lots of energy, lots projects, and supposedly lots of products, but for all that, there seems to be almost nothing available. I mean Ebay found four (count 'em, 4!) items. One toy store that lists them has nothing.
    I suppose it could be that they are too busy creating stuff and don't have the time or inclination to productize their creations, or maybe it's just not worth it. I mean where would you spend your time: on a licensing deal that will net you three cents each on 10,000 copies, or ten grand for a couple of weeks work developing a new character? I'm just spitballin' here, but this just felt like a massive disconnect.
    Once again, all Dustbury's fault.

No comments: