Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Syria

 
Syrian army soldiers loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad.

For a while I was convinced that Assad was a bad guy, a corrupt tyrant in the same mold as every other dictator we have ever decried. Then I started trying to understand just what the hell was going on with the Jihadists and I started paying a little more attention. My opinion of him is now more neutral because the people he is fighting are not any better, and could very well be much worse. Assad, bad as he is, might be the best option for Syria. And now we are sending guns and money to the rebels. I wonder what we are trying to accomplish. Are we trying to prop up Saudi Arabia's bid to gain an edge over Iran? Or perhaps we are just caught up in the enthusiasm of the moment and are "helping" by throwing more fuel on the fire. Burn, baby, burn!



No comments: