Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 24, 2014

New Year

You might have noticed that I did not post anything for the last couple of days. I've been thinking I need to change my ways, but I am somewhat at a loss as to just what I should be paying attention to. I could be looking for a job, but despite some recent positive indicators I suspect such an endeavor would probably be futile. There are any number of projects I could be doing around the house, but past experience tells me that I make very slow progress on that kind of thing. If it really needs to be done I will delay as long as possible and then hire a professional to take care of it. I could try and make the world a better place, and I hope maybe this blog is having some kind of positive effect in that direction, but could I be doing any more? Oh, I could, but do I really know what kinds of things would help?
    As near as I can tell, we are our own worst enemy. WHO (the World Health Organization) tries to eradicate disease and improve people's health, which should be a good thing, but the secondary effect is that we have large increases in population, which leads to more competition for resources, which leads to conflicts which turn into wars which kill zillions of people.
     I like the idea of a reverse income tax, but would that also promote an increased birthrate among non-producers, which would lead to more competition for resources, etc?
    I like the idea of legalizing drugs, but if drugs were legal would we see a large increase in the number of addicts? Supposedly addicts, if they are not in need of their drug, are perfectly rational people. But I do wonder if there might be some kind of effect on their personality / judgement that could prove to be troublesome. I mean the Zombie Apocalypse is an entertaining fantasy, but I really do not want to go there.
    I have been thinking I should spend some time programming, though I am not sure if I can do anything to prevent our headlong plunge into the computer apocalypse, which is where I think all our current trends in computing are taking us. Also, computer programming is hard work, and if I'm gonna be working I should be getting paid. Well, yes, but that is not likely, and I do enjoy it, so I probably should see what I can do. Now all I have to do is scrounge up some cables and plug some things in and I will have a couple of computers I can mess with. Probably should move the safe out of my office though if I don't want to trip over it every time I turn around.

No comments: