Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 18, 2016

Report from Arizona

Iaman reports on his daughter's car:
Yes, I did drive from Iowa, I enjoyed it, I really like the Toyota Corolla,  like a nimble sports car,  easier to park anywhere than the Tundra,  good on the highway (it is a much smaller target), very ergonomic and clean crisp logical driver controls.  In my mind it is a much improved design on the motorcycle and golfcart.
. . .
I had Corolla advertized in Iowa on 2 CL listings for months where I received  10 scammer come-ons.  In AZ I has 3 legitimate bona fide offers in the first week,  the last full price. And supposedly AZ economy worse that IA.
His efforts in personal maintenance:
The swimming is my salvation,  I can push my self as hard as I can without  joint pain,  the "runners high' is something I can count on after 20 laps.   I've resolved the boredom with a Finis Neptune. Good big googles, earplugs, swim cap and a Tyr snorkel complete my isolation tank exercise  outfit. 
Finis Neptune Waterproof, Bone-Conduction, MP3 Player
And his experience with corticosteroids:
Just found this about my medication:  Therapeutic doses may cause a feeling of artificial well-being ("steroid euphoria"). The neuropsychiatric effects are partly mediated by sensitization of the body to the actions of adrenaline. Therapeutically, the bulk of corticosteroid dose is given in the morning to mimic the body's diurnal rhythm; if given at night, the feeling of being energized will interfere with sleep.  Maybe why I was up till 1:30 AM house cleaning.....but damn I felt good! :)

2 comments:

AndrewP said...

Nice, I didn't know Iaman wore dreadlocks.

fillyjonk said...

Yup on the corticosteroids. I was given one (as an IV dose) after a bad reaction to multiple fire-ant stings. I remember I was scrubbing my kitchen floor at 2 am the night after the treatment. The truly bizarre thing that I realized after the meds finally wore off: I did not think, when I was in the moment, that it was AT ALL ODD for me to be scrubbing the kitchen floor at 2 am.

(I am normally the kind of person who has to be in bed by 10 pm or I'm no good the next day).

Also it made me super cranky. SUPER cranky. And I am normally a pretty agreeable person. I have since tried my best to avoid steroids for anything, despite my doctor suggesting them for bad pollen allergies and the like.