Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Bloodline


Bloodline (intro)

We watched season one of Bloodline over the last couple of weeks. It was pretty great, so now we can start watching season two. I watched the first episode and bagged it. My wife liked it, so it looks like I will have to wait until she has finished watching season two before we can look for something else. Oh, the pains of married life.
    Why was season one so great, and what was it about the opening of season two that turned me off? I'm not quite sure, but let me see if I can explain it.
    Season one was totally realistic. Okay, maybe not totally, but mostly. There were a few instances where they tweaked a scene a bit for dramatic effect, which generally backfires for me, but they were the exception and the good feeling engendered by the good scenes carried me along.
    For instance, the show starts off with the bad apple being sly and slinking along, doing stuff he ought not to  be doing and lying about it. Totally believable. But towards the end of the series we find out that he has this nefarious master plan to take down all of his 'enemies'. I'm sorry, I don't buy it.
   Now, with season two, we have all these loose threads left hanging from season one that are coming back to haunt our heroes. It might have been a little more believable if there had been any hint of any of this stuff in season one, but now it just seems like they are pulling it out of thin air.
   The story could have been told in a more realistic manner, we could have had things calmed down and people going on with their lives, but with an undercurrent of dread of running underneath the whole thing. That would have made a good show. But the drama queens got a hold of it and now the show is chock full of idiotic 'dramatic' moments.
    I suppose the thing for me is the story. Season one told a story. Season two doesn't seem to be going anywhere, it's just flailing.

No comments: