Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Finding Neverland

Rehearsing the play inside the musical
We saw the Broadway Musical at Keller Auditorium last night. I was tired so I didn't enjoy it all that much. There were plenty of funny bits, and ideas floating about bear consideration, but the musical part went right by me. Couldn't understand most of the words, but that might just be me.

Most of the show was about people, their relationships and feelings, and that was deftly told.

Some of the special effects were pretty spectacular. There is one scene towards the end where there is a big cloud of stardust swirling about in the center of the stage. The bits of stardust were too bright to have been done just with light, and too large to just be floating like dust. Somehow they managed to keep them all in the center of the stage. I have no idea how they managed that.

There was a storm at sea and the audio system was delivering stronger bass notes than I have ever heard anywhere. I was a little confused by this. Eventually I figured out that they were trying to simulate thunder, which makes me wonder if that is even possible. I mean they gave it a good try, giant stacks of speakers on either side of the stage, and louder than anything I have ever heard in a theater, but it didn't quite cut it. If that is what they were trying to do.

I'm thinking I need to be stoned, and well rested, the next time I go one of these.

No comments: