Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Genesis Ether Mining


Building a Cryptocurrency Mining Farm / Genesis Mining #EvolveWithUs - The Series Episode 2

I put $120 into Genesis Ether Mining a couple of months ago. I've been checking periodically to see if it had produced any results, but nothing has shown up. They seem to be a new outfit that is having normal start-up problems, so I cut them some slack, but like I said, it's been a couple of months so I inquired, and now I have some numbers. Since they sat on my money for a month to ensure that it was legit and not from some scammer, the money has only been at work for a month, but in a month it has produced $5.38. Theoretically speaking. To actually get the money, I have to transfer it to an electronic 'wallet', and from there I should be able to get actual moola.

I dutifully set up the wallet, but nothing had gotten transferred. Seems there are transaction fees, so Genesis doesn't transfer any funds until you have at least $15 to transfer.

Anyway, $5 a month times 12 months is $60, so in two years I should double my money. Assuming of course that this whole thing doesn't collapse like the house of cards it is.


The numbers on the Genesis website don't give you the total, so I copied the numbers (no, I didn't copy them down by hand, I used a mouse to highlight the data and then used Ctrl-C to copy them) and then pasted them in a Google spreadsheet and then used the sum function to add the numbers up.

Had a bit of a problem with the dates. Genesis, being in Iceland uses a European date format: day, month, year, which might be fine in Iceland, but it doesn't cut it in my little corner of the world. So I fussed and farted and looked in the help, but nothing seemed to work, so I ended up writing a nasty little function to take apart the old date and then put it back together the way I wanted it, something like:
=concatenate(mid(A6,4,2),"-",left(A6,2),"-",right(A6,4))
When I was done, I was going to go back tell them that one of their supplied solutions didn't work, but this time I found an answer that said date and time formats depended on location, and I didn't want to open that can of worms, so I stopped.

Genesis Mining website

Update an hour later. Replace picture of cool computer with Genesis video because it has a view of their campus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theoretically you could start your own "cryptocurrency" company. Receive cash from investors, invest in, say a Fidelity mutual fund. Post performance, charge transfer fees, have a business.
Who cross checks performance on these funds to see if they are piggy backing?
Take pics of wires and LEDs for website. Issue gift cards.
Phenom-Currency-Farm LLP