Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 23, 2019

What a Good Idea

Requiescat in Peonies
I tend to come up with big ideas that require such a large commitment of resources that I have no hope of ever implementing them, which saves me a lot of work. I come up with the idea, and if I am feeling energetic, I will write it down and dump it on the world and then I am done with it. If somebody out there happens across it, and they like it, and then also happen to have the requisite resources to implement it, well, cowabunga, go for it dude, or dudette. As Clint Eastwood said, a man has to know his limitations, and I think I have pretty good understanding of mine.

P.S. Requiescat is "a wish or prayer for the repose of a dead person". I mention this because a) I didn't know, and b) last night I used the word retinue which is "a group of advisers, assistants, or others accompanying an important person". Posse in modern parlance. This caused some consternation because it evidently is not as well known as I thought.

No comments: