Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Speedy Part 2

Tractor on German Town Road this morning
I finally broke down and got a smart phone. I got mine from Tracfone for $40 a couple of months ago and I'm paying something like $50 for 3 months of service. I still don't use it very much, but it has come in handy on occasion. What finally convinced me to get it was that smart phones have cameras. After running 3 digital cameras into the ground I needed a replacement so a smart phone seemed to be an expeditious choice. The above photo I snapped this morning through my windshield while we are bowling along at pert near 20 MPH. It's a little grainy, but I cropped this out of a much large image.

And I'm still not totally in tune with the controls. You have to hold the thing by the edges and make sure none of your unintentional fingers are on the glass. Then you have to touch the right spot on the glass, and you have to touch it just the right amount. Too soft or too short or too long and either nothing happens or it wants to sell you an app, of course they don't say 'sell', they want you to 'sign up' for something because it's going to be free. Yeah, free for them to bother me with a bunch of crap I don't want to hear about.

In other news Mr. Dustbury passed away. From his descriptions of his health, it wasn't too much of a surprise. But then I was surprised when I found that he hadn't died of 'natural causes' but violently in an automobile accident.

I feel a little weird about posting the note about Dustbury as a follow on to an unrelated post, but in mind it was a natural segue. Or maybe I'm just a little more baked than usual.

No comments: