Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Conspiracies Я Us, Japanese Edition

Former Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn escaped house arrest in Tokyo
Carlos Ghosn, big shot Nissan executive, arrested and charged with crimes, has escaped from Japan. At first glance, it sounds like another self-important jackass was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and snuck out his bedroom window to avoid getting his hand slapped. Well, that's the way I read it. To my mind, ridiculously rich people are all criminals. Japan was just going to apply some well deserved justice. Then I read this follow up story, which reminded me of this video I watched:


Why Every Japanese Criminal is Guilty

Mix all this with the story of high level corruption in the TV series The K2 (yes, that one is set in Korea, not Japan, but all them thar Asian countries suffer from culturally ingrained deference to authority) makes me think that it is entirely possible that there was a power struggle going on in Nissan and the anti-Ghosn faction ginned up enough 'evidence' to get him booted out. I doubt we will ever know the truth of the matter, but we should get a decent movie or two out of the deal.

All this reminds me of the local woman who was arrested in Japan a few years ago for carrying a prescribed botttle of ADHD medication.

No comments: