Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 31, 2020

Transport

Honda Hobbit
Tuesday we went over to Scooter Swap Shop to pick up Jack's 1985 Honda Moped. He's had it since it was new and periodically it needs a tune up. It doesn't seem like the kind of bike a retired engineer would choose, but he's had it forever and I guess he's gotten kind of attached to it. Plus we both come from the drive-it-until-it-won't-drive-no-more school of motor vehicle operation.

Scooter Swap Shop
The shop is a hole in the wall kind of place, but they had a couple of interesting machines.

One fancy, full dress scooter in the back and
a stripped down custom job in front
The shop truck is a right-hand drive Japanese mini truck that is getting a Hayabusa motorcycle engine
Coincidentally, I came across this video today.


Motorcycle Engine in a Car - Here's Why and How
SuperfastMatt

P.S. The photo of the Honda Moped (at the top of this post) confused me a bit. When I saw the original on Wikipedia, I thought the vertical white streaks above the handlebars were some kind defect in the image. Since there was nothing of import above the handlebars, I cropped the top section of the image off. It wasn't until I saw it here that I realized the white streaks were reflections in the windshield. Now that I've seen the windshield, I can't unsee it. Oh, well, Jack's moped doesn't have a windshield.

No comments: