Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 17, 2020

Remember American Motors?


24 Hours Of Nurburgring
The Ultimate Challenge

In 1979 American Motors took a couple of Spirits to Germany. They didn't win overall, but they did win their class. Road & Track has the story. I've heard of the Nurburgring but I didn't know they ran a 24 race there. They are still running it. The castle shown at the beginning of the video is near the race track, shoot it might even be inside it.

I think I stopped paying attention to the racing scene after Ford won LeMans back in 1966. I mean, we'd climbed to the top of the heap, where else was there to go? Oh, right, the moon. We did that 3 years later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck,

Agnes and I went to see "Ford vs Ferrari" yesterday. I recommend it highly. Historically important and hugely entertaining.

Yore pal,
James