Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 29, 2023

McMenamins

McMenamins Kennedy School

We went to a McMenamins to meet some out-of-town friends today, and then we got to go to another one because someone got their signals crossed. That wouldn't be the girls, would it? Don't look at me, I didn't say anything. It was fine though, we got to visit two different restaurants we hadn't been to before and one (McMenamins on the Columbia) was across the river in Vancouver. I haven't been across the river in a coon's age so that was exciting.

McMenamins on the Columbia

I avoid going to Vancouver because there are only two bridges across the river and the traffic varies from extremely heavy to horrendous. Besides, I have everything I need right here: beer, cookies and an internet connection. I don't need to go anywhere.

Since it was lunchtime, the traffic was only heavy, not horrendous. The only really bad part of today's trip is the intersection where MLK (Martin Luther King) joins I-5.

MLK and I-5 Intersection
Blue line is my route

Truck traffic from North Marine Drive comes in from the top left, turns right onto the cloverleaf that leads to I-5 North. At the top of the loop, the ramp from MLK dumps you right into the middle of this traffic with no merge lane. I managed to slip in between two trucks, though I may have given the following truck a heart attack. I dunno who designed this monstrosity, but they should get the Eldritch Horror of Year Award.


No comments: