Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, August 11, 2023

The Mother - Part 2

Part 1 here.

Just after the 70 minute mark, mother and daughter have a talk about food brought about by mom shooting a deer and serving rabbit stew for dinner. Her twelve year old daughter is appalled by the violence. We do need to cut her some slack, she has just been through enough violence to last a lifetime for a zillion spoiled Americans. But not mom, mom's not cutting her any slack. Scene begins at -50:20 

Mom: Eat.
Daughter: I can't.
M: Yes, you can.
D: Not eating Bambi's mom.
M: That's not venison. The deer has to hang for the meat to tenderize. Besides, that was a stag, so it would be Bambi's dad.
D: What is this, then?
M: Rabbit. Thumper.
D: Not eating a rabbit either.
M: Listen to me, that rabbit had a better life than any cheeseburger you ever ate.
D: He had a beautiful life until you shot him.
M: I trapped him.
D: Much better.
M: Let me tell you something, kid. There's nothing you ever ate your whole life that didn't come from violence.
D: Tofu.
M: Half of Paraguay was burned and deforested for soy plantations.
D: Cheese.
M: Those cows are impregnated just so they can be pulled on all day.
D: Gross.
M: Hmm.
D: Cashew cheese.
M: I know a mercenary in the Ivory Coast, said they fought a civil war over cashews.
D: I wanna go home.
M: I know you do. Eat.

Half of Paraguay was burned and deforested for soy plantations? Well, um, yeah.
Ivory Coast fought a civil war over cashews? Well, yeah again.
We aren't going to talk about the cows.

P.S. I started writing this three months ago. I have a big backlog of drafts, I am trying to whittle it down.


No comments: