Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 26, 2024

James Gang Funk #49


Funk #49
James Gang - Topic

Heard this on KGON today. Talk about a blast from the past! I haven't heard this song since, I dunno, I lived in Ohio fifty years ago. It came out in 1970, the James Gang is from Cleveland, so they were sort of a local band. Now I'm wondering who are these guys? I mean they were there and then they weren't, what happened? Well, Joe Walsh happened, that's what. There were three guys in the band and Joe Walsh was one of them, the same Joe Walsh who went on to join the Eagles in 1975.

James Gang got their name from Jimmy Fox, the drummer. Jimmy collects license plates. That makes the third rock and roller with a hobby this month.

Yes, I know it's not really a video. There are some out there, but this is the only one that sounds true to the original. At least to my ears. My ears are kinda picky that way, or maybe it's my brain. Whatever.

No comments: