Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Drive

Gave my wife a ride to downtown Portland this morning at 6AM so she could participate in the marathon. Leaving downtown I head into the tunnel under the West Hills and there is no one else on the road. No one, not ahead of me, not behind me. Kind of like one of those freaky scenes in a movie where an entire city is empty. Understand that normally, like every other time I have driven this road, it is a stampede of cars and people screaming to escape. After I got through the tunnel, I could see the traffic heading into town, but still no one on my side of road. Didn't see another vehicle until I came across a disabled truck just past the zoo. Still no traffic until I got over the top of the hill at Sylvan. And no, I wasn't in the train tunnel.

No comments: