Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Toys

Spad S. VII
We stopped in Centralia, Washington, on the way home so Anne could indulge in some shopping at the outlet mall there. So John and I walk around for a bit looking for something to amuse ourselves for the duration, and, lo & behold, a KB Toys outlet store! We are saved!

It's been a while since I have been in a Toy store and right away a Ford GT-40 / Transformer catches my eye. Absolutely useless, but it might be interesting to see how they implemented all the folding mechanisms. I wander around for a while and I find a bunch of cool stuff. Normally I am pretty immune to impulse buying, but I am feeling a little low, so I go ahead and indulge and buy a couple of things.

One of them was model of a Spad S.VII. It came in an easy to build kit form. Already painted, no glue required, just some screws and a little dexterity. I finally sat down and put it together this morning. Took about 30 minutes.

Looking at the model I notice there is a four-into-one exhaust pipe manifold on each side of the engine housing. That looks suspiciously like what you would find with a V-8 engine. Could it be? Well, yes it could. A Hispano-Suiza V-8 to be exact.

Update June 2019 replaced missing picture.

No comments: