Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Scrappy


The Most Insane Bush Plane in the World
Missionary Bush Pilot

All that equipment makes the airplane heavy. That big prop surely needs a big engine. Sign on the side of the engine cowling says Lycoming 780. I've never even heard of such an engine. Basically he took a 8 cylinder Lycoming 720 and installed larger pistons. Post on Instagram explains:

This is the only 780 cubic inch Lycoming in the world. When I built this engine I made my own entire induction system and searched until I found a wide deck case. This was so I could machine and open up the case to allow larger pistons. I could then put the Lycoming piston kit that would convert a Lycoming 360 to a 390. These same pistons now bolt to what was a 720 wide deck Lycoming and made the only 780 cubic inch in the world.

Kudos to Mike Patey for building such an outrageous machine. With all that heavy equipment can it even get off the ground? Yes, yes it can:

Scrappy

No comments: