Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 21, 2024

Girl From the North Country - Musical


Show Clips: GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY
Broadwaycom

Went to see Girl From the North Country at Keller Auditorium last night. My wife was ready to leave at the intermission so we did. I don't quite understand why. Most of these shows, I'm ready to leave after five minutes, but I stick it out because. There have been a couple of shows that I enjoyed but they are the exception. The sound might be part of the problem. I thought the sound at several shows was downright awful, it sounded like the speakers were being overdriven, somebody was asking them to deliver more volume than they could and they end up sounding like crap. That was not the case with this show, the sound was pretty clear and I could hear the dialog pretty well. I could even make out some of the words in the songs.

Supposedly all the songs were Bob Dylan tunes, though they didn't sound anything like Bob Dylan. The story was kind of a downer. We've got one old white man trying to hold things together for his family but he's not getting a lot of help. We've got a couple of kinds of crazy, one unmarried, pregnant, teenage black girl, and a couple-three flavors of flim-flam men. The show is set in November in Duluth Minnesota in the midst of the Great Depression. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone froze to death in the second half of the show. Maybe my wife saw what was coming and didn't want to be around when it happened.

No comments: