Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Day off

Took the day off from work today. Went to the doctor Tuesday, the fifth time since Thanksgiving, trying to get my sinusitis under control. Started me on my third course of Prednisone. When I first started taking it, it didn't affect me much, mentally. But now it really jacks me up. Makes me an aggressive driver. Didn't like the way I was driving yesterday, so I decided I wouldn't drive today. Stayed home and took care of a couple of things that needed doing.

Anne got me some sheepskin seat covers for Christmas for the Sebring. So all jacked up on Prednisone, and nobody here to hear me cursing seemed like a good time to get them installed. Got one cover installed on the drivers seat. Took two hours. Pulled the seat out and carried it into the kitchen and set it on the cardboard covered kitchen table. Kind of like "War Of The Worlds" (I really liked the scene in the kitchen with the engine on a stand next to the kitchen table. Man had his priorities straight.)


It is a power seat so there were two cables connected to it. One for the motors and one for the seat belt. I like the Chrysler electrical connectors better than I like the Ford's. They both have a little clip that has to be pressed or pried before the connectors will come apart. They latches on the Ford are much more difficult to operate, and unless you are careful they will break off, and without the latches the connectors don't stay together very well. The latches on the Chrysler are easier to operate, but it can be a trick to figure just which part of the connector is the latch and whether it needs to be pushed or pulled. But I figured these out and got them apart. Removed the switch panel from the side of the seat and stretched the cover over the seat. I wasn't real happy about the way it fit, but after some tugging it seemed okay. Putting the switch panel back on meant driving the screws right through the side panel of the seat cover. So they are mine now, no taking them back at this point. Put the seat back in the car and start bolting it in. One bolt goes in really easy and then it won't tighten up. Pull all the bolts back out and lift up the seat to inspect. The clip nut for the bad bolt has slipped out of position so I wrestle it back to where it goes. All goes together smoothly.

When I get in the car this evening to go see Dad, something is wrong with the seat. Oh, Anne has been driving it and has moved the seat all katty-wampus. Takes seconds, seconds I say, to get it back to somewhere where it should be. Never does seem to be right. I'll sort it out.

No comments: