Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 22, 2007

Too much technology

1) Google is now offering to put ads on your blog, and will pay you for it. So, I thinks, that would be cool, but does anybody even read my blog? Maybe I should put a counter on it, see if anybody is reading it. So I looked up counters, on Google, naturally, but it got too complicated way too fast. So (so, so, so, is there a pattern here?), I think I'll work on the other end, I'll put my blog address on my business cards and pass them out and see if I can drum up some business, so to speak. Worry about the counters later.

I am thinking that if there are only a couple of people reading my blog, it wouldn't make sense to put ads on it. But if there are thousands, then yeah, maybe ads would be worthwhile. I might actually generate some income. I would, in effect, get paid for writing. Now that would be cool.

2) I went to a job fair over at OGI the other day, thought I might get some business cards to pass out. I had heard that there was a place that would print a small quantity on the spot, but I could not find them. Only places I found wanted $17 for a thousand and a few days to get it done. So I fired up my word processor. Looked up business cards in the help file, and low and behold, they have a special function for just this purpose. So I tried it out. After fooling around with it for an hour and getting nowhere, I gave up and just used copy and paste. I used an old manila folder for card stock and my wife's paper cutter that she uses for scrapbooking. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.

3) I have gotten tired of "Chuck" and am trying to change over to using "Charles". Most everyone I know knows me as "Chuck", and that's fine, but for all my new business/internet contacts I am trying to stick with "Charles". I have an old email address I use for all those businesses/websites that want your email address that incorporates "Chuck". So I logged onto the email website to try and add an alias and I couldn't. I needed a password. I only use this email account at home, and my email program has managed to remember the password, and it is something stinky like rgk4xyz, so I never bothered to remember it. But now I need it and my web browser (Firefox) seems to have forgotten it. It seems to be doing that more and more lately. Probably some kind of virus/spyware/adware crud has corrupted one of the files. Or a bug. Who knows? I've been down this road before. Back to the subject at hand. I have the passwords written down in a folder that has been stored someplace safe, which means I will probably never be able to find it, so it looks like I am stuck with chuck for the time being.

No comments: