Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, February 29, 2008

TGV

Someone sent me a story about the French TGV setting a new world speed record. It is almost a year old, but hey, it's still cool. It is also a little scary. Something like that leaves the tracks and it is going to be like an airliner crash. I thought this was interesting:
"The train traveled almost as fast as a World War II Spitfire fighter at top speed."
My wife & I rode the TGV from London to Paris when we went to Europe umpteen years ago. It was shortly after the chunnel was opened. It was comfortable, quiet and smooth and pretty boring. I read most of the way. Did see a lot of French countryside. Looked a lot like Oregon or Iowa. Lots of farms and farmland.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture. TGV record speed: 357 MPH. Spitfire top speed: 363 MPH.


No comments: