Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, February 18, 2008

Van for Sale

Just reduced the price for the van on Craig's list from 1900 to 1800. Started seven weeks ago at $2500. I have gotten three calls, once each of the last three weeks. I figure it will probably go down to 1500 before it sells. It's been a year since we bought the SUV for Anne. I kept thinking one of the boys was going to get their license and start driving, but that hasn't happened. Other problem is the van is just so darn useful: it can carry a whole bunch of people (like a pack of teenagers) or a bunch of stuff in a rain free container. It is also easier to drive than my truck and uses less gas. However, it is twelve years old and .... and what am I afraid of? Expensive repairs? I've already replaced the transmission. Well, there is still the engine, and I suppose the A/C could be expensive to fix, not that A/C is really a requirement here. Hot summer weather might last a month or two, and it does not get all that hot. I think it might have got to 100 once last year, or maybe it was the year before.

On the other hand, the truck can carry more large stuff, and as I am likely to have two kids in college next year, I am going to be doing some hauling.

Update December 2016 replaced missing pictures.

No comments: